TT meeting March 1st 2017

TT Meeting-Forum Cinema 1st March 2017-03-02

Present

Sue H-Chair

Kate B

Wendy B

Jane B

Phil C

Matty

James S

 

1-Battle Hill Shop Window Display-Update. Going to be there until 28th April-Sue, Kate and Laura Hull have been instrumental in setting it up. TT contact details discussed. Former Pudding Parlour shop in Fore St may become available in future. No potential new TT members at the meeting.

 

2-Car Club Update. 1 new potential member has been referred. Newsletter imminent. All TT members to use word of mouth to try and increase take up. Kate to look at leaflets and posters held and decide if info still correct and best way to distribute/display. Jane B to contact Co-Wheels to get redundant sign at Wentworth CP re-sited or removed. Helen Graysham of BID to be contacted by Sue/Wendy to see if BID could promote to businesses or even themselves become a member.  James to contact Blackall Mill Community Group to find out their experience.

 

3-Edible Hexham-Saturday 4th March work party needed at Wentworth CP for tree planting being organised by Sue. So far the scheme has received approx. £500 from the Waitrose Green Tokens and £1000 from the RHS-Tesco Plastic Bag fund to be approached. Sue/Kate to explore potential Facebook presence with Laura Hull. All to note that Gareth will tweet info for TT.

 

4-Proposal for Talks and Visits –since proposal made at AGM Matty has been researching possible venues. No decisions made and options discussed. 4 potential talks discussed-Vertical Veg, a Todmorden speaker, Green Branch WEA (Matt/Energy Saving in the Home), Mark Siddell (Passifhaus). Concensus reached that Vertical Veg could be the first as it has a querky side to it . Phil has Mark Siddell contact. Discussion of relative merits of charging for tickets versus asking for a minimum donation. The QH at one end of the spectrum could both sell tickets and promote but may be expensive whilst a venue like the Trinity Methodist Hall would be relatively inexpensive but TT would need to do all the ticketing and promotion. Further proposals to come to next TT meeting.

Potential of TT members visit to look at the sustainability criteria used by ESH Homes on the Corbridge Road. Conclusion reached that individual interested members could call in any day of the week and see the show house. Do not leave it too long as only 4 homes unsold.

 

5-Venue for future TT meetings. –The relative merits and costs of various venues discussed (Forum Café, Bin 21, Heart of Northumbria, RAFA Club and the Tans Café) No conclusions reached but the Tans new meeting rooms to be appraised/costed (Helen Milner is the contact.)

 

6-Spring Festival-22nd April-Discussion of TT presence options eg Car Club promotion. Loraine to be contacted by Sue as to availability of stalls or Gazebo space.

 

7-Salmon Tails (interpretation associated with the fish pass project). HLF bid going in for interpretation and walking routes. TT asked to provide letter of support which Jane B has written. NCC currently doing some bank stabilisation works.

 

8-TT ‘Doing more stuff’– Phil introduced some ideas he had been thinking about.

  • TT facilitating an extention to Edible Hexham. How to extend the demonstration of growing ones own food from the planting box to peoples own garden, bringing /disseminating skills more widely. Various ideas were discussed including making a tie in to Hexham Hidden Gardens project.
  • TT championing vegetarian cooking/diet. Kate offered to explore vegetarian cooking courses/demos with Hexham Tans as a starting point.
  • TT championing/demonstrating sustainability through the Arts. Broad agreement that the Arts can be a strong way of getting messages across and that this idea could be developed by working in partnership with existing groups.
  • TT exploring and championing various techniques like mindfulness/meditation to help people cope with the barriers to leading a sustainable lifestyle. Idea not discussed in depth.

 

9- Variable Systems Model and other Transition organisations governance documents introduced by Phil. Not time to discuss but agreed to pick up at next meeting after attached 4 documents have been looked at.

 

 

About suehick

A longstanding member of Transition Tynedale since its inception I am now residing in Catton while my husband works in the far east. I helped start the community gardens at no 28 and HMS, the garden share scheme and the Farmers market stalls. I now work mainly with Edible Hexham to show people how easy it is to grow their own veg.even in small spaces.
This entry was posted in Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s