The 2015 TT Planning Meeting is to be on Sunday afternoon, 26th April 2015 at the Forum Cinema, Hexham. We have arranged for a special Our Screen showing of the award winning film Trashed, starring Jeremy Irons:
Jeremy Irons sets out to discover the extent and effects of the global waste problem, as he travels around the world to beautiful destinations tainted by pollution. This is a meticulous, brave investigative journey that takes Irons (and us) from scepticism to sorrow and from horror to hope.
The film will start at 2:30pm and runs for 98 minutes. At 4:30pm, we will hold our planning meeting in the cinema, full of inspiration to make some positive change! The planning meeting will finish at 6:30pm.
Tickets to the film cost just £4.00. What’s more, if you buy a ticket to see Trashed, you will be eligible for a free ticket to see Bike vs Cars on 6th May (see below). Remember to ask for the free ticket when booking so The Forum can keep track of sales.
The aim of the meeting is to raise awareness of Transition Tynedale and to plan what we want to do in the coming year. If you have an idea for how Tynedale residents can adapt to a low carbon future, then get in touch and come along. We currently have the following themes and projects, but don’t be constrained. If you have an idea you want to pursue, then come and make it happen.
- The Energy Group are hosting a series draft busting workshops offering practical advice and support in reducing carbon emissions in the home.
- Members have been discussing whether to actively support the Restart Project in the coming year.
- The Transport Group have just had a great year in which they successfully launched the Co-Wheels car club in Hexham.
- Richard has offered to host another of his popular bicycle maintenance workshops, Love Your Bike.
- The Food Group was very active last year, with the fantastic Edible Hexham project transforming neglected corners of the town into attractive and bountiful beds full of edible plants.
- The Hexham Middle School Community Garden is growing from strength to strength with the taming of weed patch/jungle into vegetable and fruit beds, restoration of the store room, creation of a willow den and generally making the garden a beautiful refuge for all.