This page explains the processes that we follow when electing our Directors, and Officers in the forthcoming Transition Tynedale AGM, on Wednesday 4th December, 2013.
In order to be eligible to vote or to stand as a Director or an Officer, you must first become a Member of Transition Tynedale. Being a Member of TT incurs a yearly subscription fee of £5.00. Registering as a member is easy. Simply email the following information to email@example.com:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Postal Address including
- House Name/Number and Street
- Postal Town
Prior to the AGM, registration will start at 7.00 pm to complete by 7.30 pm. Members registering at the time or by email should pay at the AGM registration the sum of £5.00 to establish the rights to vote by receiving a voting card.
If you intend to become a Director of Transition Tynedale you should submit your intent by 2nd December 2013. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that becoming a Director of Transition Tynedale incurs certain responsibilities. You may find the following documents useful background reading.
The following positions will be voted on following the election of Directors. The names in brackets indicate the incumbent officers:
- Chair (Gillian Orrell)
- Secretary (Tim Hakim)
- Treasurer (Wendy Breach)
Intent to stand for any of the positions listed above may be submitted by email to email@example.com before 2nd December, or on the night prior to the actual election. If you wish to nominate someone on the night, please arrive anytime after 7pm and our incumbent Secretary (Tim Hakim) will take your details.
The AGM will follow the following agenda:
- Introductions of people present
- Approval of membership list by incumbent Directors
- Financial Report
- Directors Report
- Current Directors to stand down
- Chair and Treasurer to stand down. The Secretary will facilitate the elections and then stand down before his own election. The newly elected Chair will facilitate the Secretary election.
- Election of new Directors
- Election of Officers
- Close of the AGM
- Reports from main TT Groups and Projects
Voting for Directors and Officers will follow the same initial procedure:
- All Members will be given voting cards on registration and payment of £5.00. This is simply a way to differentiate members from non-members.
- All Members will be asked to raise their voting cards prior to any vote to establish the number of eligible voters. All raised voting cards will be counted and recorded by the secretary
- Candidates for the election of Directors and Officers should stand up so they can be Identified by the membership.
- For each candidate the Membership will be asked to vote in favour of the candidate:
- Members should raise their voting card to indicate affirmation of the candidate’s election
- Members should keep their voting card lowered to indicate dissent or abstention of the candidate’s election.
- All affirmative Votes will be counted and recorded by the Secretary and recorded
Election of Directors
Election as a Director will be confirmed by a majority vote.
Election of Officers
Election as an Officer will be confirmed on the Director with the highest number of votes. Should any election of an officer result in a tie, the candidates will proceed to a further election by the Board of Directors at a later date.
The order of election of the officers shall be:
- Secretary to stand down